Watch the Wildland Meeting, a special education for the community.
BURN BAN INFORMATION:
BURN BAN ON June 16, 2022
By order of the Fire Marshal’s Office effective Saturday, June 16, 2022 at 0800 LAND CLEARING and RESIDENTIAL BURNING will be prohibited until further notice.
Recreational fires will still be allowed with the landowner’s permission. Recreational fires must meet the following requirements:
- Fires must be 25’ from structures, timber, and combustible materials.
- Must only contain seasoned firewood or charcoal
- Must be contained in an enclosure no larger than 3’ X 3’ across, and must be a minimum 16” high, made of cement blocks, stones, or steel.
- Beach fires (where allowed) can be dug into an 8” deep pit, surrounded by 4” high enclosure of rocks.
- A charged garden hose or (2) 5-gallon buckets full of water to be next to the fire.
- A shovel or rake capable of stirring and extinguishing the fire to be on-site.
- Recreational fires are allowed after dark, if attended by someone 16 years or older at all times.
- Fires must be attended until out cold.
- No burning when winds exceed 7 MPH.
Facility Rental: Our facility can be rented for courses, special events and meetings. Please see the “Public Info” area for more information.
Free Smoke Detectors and checkups available by contacting Chief Carleton. Firefighter installation required.